NSW has commenced issuing invitations for the 2016 /2017 programme year.
Invited applicants will receive 5 additional points towards their points tested skilled application.
Visa applications will be priority processed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
NSW uses Commonwealth and State employment data as well as evidence-supported feedback from NSW industry to determine their Priority Skilled Occupation List.
Occupations on the NSW Priority List include (but not limited to)
- Construction / Trades
- Medical professionals
- IT professionals
NSW will to select and invite top ranking candidates in occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List.
1. Be under 50 years of age
2. Have secured a positive skills assessment in an occupation on the NSW Priority Skilled Occupation List
3. Meet English, experience and licensing requirements (where applicable)
4. Meet a qualifying score of 60 points
5. Have lodged an Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select
Conditions of grant:
1. The Subclass 190 is a permanent visa.
2. Applicants may be in or outside Australia when they apply for the visa and when the visa is granted.
3. In applying for sponsorship the nominee has committed to residing in the sponsoring State or Territory for the first two years of residency.
NSW Skilled Occupations List