top of page
  • Jenny Murphy MARN 0852535

The English Requirement - 482 visas

Primary applicants applying for a 482 visa must meet the English requirement for grant of the visa. This can be evidenced in a number of ways:

1. holding a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or New Zealand

2. Evidencing you have completed at least 5 years of full time study in a secondary and/pr higher education level institution where instruction was delivered in the medium of English.

3. Sit an acceptable English language test and score no less than the required score for the appropiate stream. The test must have been completed within the 3 years prior to the application, or before decision of the application.

Acceptable test versions incluide:

-IELTS ( General or Academic)

-Occupational English Test (OET)

-Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)

-Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)

Whilst some test providers are providing versions of their test that you can take at home, the Department of Home Affairs does not currently accept these versions. You must attend a test centre to undertake your English test.

You can obtain further information about the above process by contacting one of our Registered Migration Agents today.

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case-specific information or advice, please contact SCA Connect.

8 views0 comments


Featured Posts
bottom of page