top of page

Child Migration

Subclass 802 and Subclass 101


Child migration to Australia refers to the process by which parents can bring their children to live with them in the country. There are two visa subclasses under child migration; the subclass 802 visa, where applicants are in Australia at the time of application, and the Subclass 101, where applicants are outside Australia at the time of application.

The child visa is a permanent visa that allows a child to live with their parent in Australia if the parent is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.  The child can be a biological child, adopted child or stepchild ( from a former partner) of the sponsor. To be eligible for this visa, the child must be single and:

  • Under 18 years of age, or

  • A full-time student aged over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or

  • Over 18 and unable to work


To be eligible for either of these visas, applicants must provide evidence of their relationship with their sponsoring parent. In addition, applicants must meet certain health and character requirements.

Overall, child migration is an important way for parents to bring their children to live with them in Australia. These visas provide a pathway for families to be reunited in Australia and allow children to live with their parents in the country permanently.

Your dedicated migration agents

Obtaining a visa is stressful – we know. There’s uncertainty, financial stress, and considerable paperwork. What’s more, to most it’s a wholly unfamiliar process that can feel overwhelming. But obtaining a visa can also be rewarding, exciting, and likely a life-changing event. To provide the best service and help ease the stresses of obtaining your visa, we provide a considered and tailored service – helping each couple embark on their visa process in the best way possible. Following our first consultation, you’ll be assigned a dedicated migration agent that will stay with you throughout the process, avoiding many of the stresses and uncertainties that come with being bounced between agents.

We help individuals across Australia's major cities, including:

  • Melbourne

  • Adelaide

  • Brisbane

  • Sydney

  • Perth

Contact us today and learn more about how we can assist you with all your visa needs, including partner visas, parent visas, general skilled migration visas, and many more.

bottom of page