top of page

7 Amazing Things to Know about the Australian Work Culture

There has been a constant demand for skilled nurses in Australia, especially in aged care facilities. As a result, many recruitment agencies and hospitals are frequently looking out for experienced overseas nurses to work in their establishments. Although there are various nursing occupations listed on Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) for migration, the process involved is quite complex and requires expert advice to gain a positive outcome.

To be able to work as a nurse in Australia, registration is required with the relevant authority. To be able to apply for a skilled migration visa (subclass 189, 190 or 489) a skills assessment is required. If you hold registration in Australia, you are able to proceed with the pathway of a modified skills assessment which includes the following key procedure:

  1. Obtaining registration from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), regulated by Australian Health Practitioner Regulating Agency (AHPRA)

  2. Applying for migration skills assessment to Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)

Please note that besides the above requirements, the potential applicant also needs to meet other visa criteria including the points test, health and character, depending on the applied visa category.

For further details and assessment of your eligibility, please complete an online assessment form on our website and consult our experienced team of registered migration agents for the best visa pathway.

Featured Posts
bottom of page