Working Holiday Maker - 8547- Employment Extension
Working Holiday Makers under the Visa Subclass 8547 are granted the flexibility to work for the same employer in Australia for more than 6 months without seeking prior permission, provided the employment falls into one of the following categories:
1. Work in different locations, with no single location exceeding 6 months.
2. Plant and animal cultivation, irrespective of the location within Australia.
3. Certain industries, such as aged care and disability services, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, construction and mining, limited to Northern Australia (refer to the website for the definition of Northern Australia).
4. Natural disaster recovery work.
5. Employment in critical sectors, including agriculture, food processing, health, aged and disability care, childcare, anywhere in Australia.
6. Employment in the critical sector of tourism and hospitality, applicable throughout Australia.
In cases not covered by the aforementioned situations, Working Holiday Makers are required to submit an application seeking permission to work beyond the standard 6-month limitation. The Department of Home Affairs has now introduced a webform for the convenient submission of such extension requests.
For further information, please contact one of our highly experienced Registered Migration Agents.
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case-specific information or advice, please get in touch with SCA Connect.