top of page

Overseas Students

Many students studying in Australia are keen to explore their options to remain in Australia once they have finished their course.

Below are some of the options available to student visa holders.

  1. Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 Visa: This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian institution. There is the graduate work stream and post study work stream. The visa allows the holder to remain in Australia temporarily after studying and gives people an opportunity to gain Australian work experience.

  2. General Skilled Migration: If you are an international student with certain work experience, you may be eligible for one of the points tested visas depending on your qualifications, skills and experience.

  3. Partner Migration If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen you may be eligible to proceed with a visa application under partner migration.

  4. Employer Sponsored Visa: If you have a job offer and your prospective employer agrees to sponsor and nominate you for a specified occupation you may be eligible for a temporary or employer sponsored visa option.

The key is to get the right advice and plan. Our team of registered migration agents at Southern Cross Alliance can guide you to the best visa options depending on your individual circumstances.


12 views0 comments
Featured Posts
bottom of page