top of page

International students and additional course study

Whilst studying in Australia, international students may wish to undertake additional courses for personal development or additional points for General Skilled Migration.

However, can international students on a student visa undertake additional studies at the same time as their principal course?

An international student in Australia on a student visa is permitted to undertake additional studies at the same time as their principal course. However, these additional courses must be registered on CRICOS. A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is also required for any additional study in a course undertaken by the international student.

Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students, or CRICOS, is a register of Australian education providers that recruit, enrol and teach overseas students. An education provider must be registered on CRICOS to provide a course. International students can search for eligible institutions and courses on:

Students must also be aware that to comply with their visa conditions, they must remain enrolled in a registered course, achieve satisfactory course attendance, and progress in their principal course of study.

SCA Connect provides free online visa assessments for prospective applicants and we can assist you in navigating through the complex framework that is Australian Immigration. To get in touch with one of our consultants click here

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case specific information or advice, please contact SCA Connect.

22 views0 comments
Featured Posts
bottom of page