top of page
  • Jenny Murphy MARN 0852535

Are you in a relationship with an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident?

The current uncertain times have highlighted the importance of ensuring you are aware of your visa options and taking appropriate action.

If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident then you may be eligible to proceed with permanent residency under partner migration.

To proceed with a partner application you must either be legally married or be in a de-facto relationship and be sponsored by your Australian citizen or permanent resident partner.

To apply on the basis of a de-facto relationship you need to evidence:

  1. You have lived together for 12 months and that your relationship is genuine and continuing​; or

  2. Your relationship is registered with Births Deaths and Marriages and the relationship is genuine and continuing.

To understand if Partner Migration is the right option for you, contact one of our Consultants today.

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case specific information or advice, please contact SCA Connect.

322 views0 comments
bottom of page