top of page
  • Jenny Murphy MARN 0852535

Visa conditions 8107, 8607, 8608 are changing

visa conditions

The Department has indicated changes to visa conditions 8107, 8607 and 8608 from 1 July 2024.

The changes will apply to:

  • Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

  • Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)

  • Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 494).

Visa holders subject to the above listed conditions who stop working with their sponsoring employer will have more time to find a new sponsor, apply for a different visa or arrange to depart Australia.

These visa holders will have up to:

  • 180 days at a time, or

  • a maximum of 365 days in total across the entire visa grant period.

During this time, visa holders can work for other employers. This includes work in occupations not listed in their most recently approved sponsorship nomination. This will ensure that visa holders can support themselves while they look for a new sponsor.

Unless exempt, a visa holder cannot work for another employer unless they have ceased work with their sponsoring employer. Visa holders must remain in their nominated occupation while working for their existing sponsor.

Sponsors must still let the department know if there is any change in situation within 28 days. This includes ceasing sponsorship or if a visa holder resigns.

Visa holders must not do any work that is inconsistent with any licence or registration needed for their nominated occupation. This includes any conditions or requirements they are subject to.

The changes apply to existing visa holders, as well as those granted a visa on or after 1 July 2024. Any periods a visa holder stopped working for their sponsor before 1 July 2024 will not count towards the new time periods outlined above.

To review your visa options and understand your eligibility, book a consultation with one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents today.

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case-specific information or advice, please get in touch with SCA Connect.

151 views0 comments


Commenting has been turned off.
Featured Posts
bottom of page