top of page
  • Jenny Murphy MARN 0852535

Contributory Parent Visa

The Contributory Parent Visa is a type of visa that allows parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to migrate to Australia to be with their families. There are two types of Contributory Parent Visas available: the Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173) and the Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 143).

Eligibility for the Contributory Parent Visa:

  • The applicant must be the parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen

  • The applicant must be sponsored by their child or by their child's spouse or de facto partner

  • The applicant must meet health and character requirements

  • The applicant must meet the balance of family test, which means that at least half of the applicant's children must be living in Australia as citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens

Benefits of the Contributory Parent Visa:

  • Allows the holder to live and work in Australia indefinitely

  • Allows the holder to enroll in Medicare (Australia's national health insurance program) and access other government services

  • Allows the holder to travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted

  • After two years in Australia, the holder may be eligible to apply for a permanent Contributory Parent Visa

  • Allows the holder to sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence in Australia

It is important to note that the Contributory Parent Visa requires a significant financial contribution from the applicant, as the visa application fee and the second installment of the visa application charge (which is paid once the temporary visa is granted) are significantly higher than for other types of visas. The exact amount of the financial contribution depends on the specific visa being applied for.

You can obtain further information about the above process by contacting one of our Registered Migration Agents today.

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case-specific information or advice, please contact SCA Connect.

4 views0 comments


bottom of page