Health requirement changes for temporary visa applicants
The Department has announced on its website that the measures put in place for temporary visa applicants during the COVID pandemic that waived the requirement to undertake medical examination and chest x-rays has ceased from 1 November 2023.
Temporary visa applicants in Australia may be required to have a health examination, dependent on their specific circumstances.
Whether an applicant needs to undertake a health examination will depend on:
- the visa they are applying for
- how long they plan to stay in Australia
- what they plan to do in Australia
- country of passport
- whether they have any significant medical conditions
- any special circumstances that may apply to the applicant
Our experienced Registered Migration Agents will guide our clients through the requirements.
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case-specific information or advice, please get in touch with SCA Connect.