top of page
  • scaconnect

Sponsoring an Employee in Australia: A Guide for Employers

As an employer in Australia, you may need to sponsor an employee to work in the country if they are a foreign national. Sponsoring an employee in Australia involves a number of legal and administrative steps that must be completed in order to meet the requirements of the Department of Home Affairs. This article provides an overview of the process for sponsoring an employee in Australia.

Step 1: Determine Eligibility

The first step in sponsoring an employee in Australia is to determine their eligibility for a work visa. The employee must meet the requirements of the visa they are applying for, including their skills, qualifications, and experience.

An employer must also meet certain requirements to sponsor or nominate an employee.

Step 2: Choose the Right Visa

There are several types of visas available for employees in Australia, including the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa and the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa. The visa you choose will depend on the type of work the employee will be doing and the length of time they will be staying in the country.

Step: 3: Lodge an application

Depending on the visa type, there may be various stages of an application to be lodged and certain documentation and requirements must be met.

Step 4: Comply with Legal Obligations

Once the employee has been granted a visa, you must comply with your legal obligations as a sponsor, including paying their wages and providing them with a safe and healthy working environment. Additionally, you must comply with all the other requirements of the visa, including sponsorship obligations.

Sponsoring an employee in Australia is a complex process that requires careful planning and compliance with a range of legal and administrative requirements. At SCA Connect we work with you to make the process as seamless as possible. Contact one of our Registered Migration Agents for further information.

Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute immigration advice. For more detailed and case-specific information or advice, please contact SCA Connect.


Featured Posts
bottom of page